Steps to get routerlogin.net:
All the Netgear Smart Wi-Fi router models come with the default username and password. The default username for Netgear router is “admin” and the password is “password” itself. Using routerlogin.net
We recommend to our customers to change the default password to avoid the misuse of your router. You can easily change the default admin settings and Wi-Fi password (Network Key) for your Netgear router by using the web configuration of the Netgear router or routerlogin.net.
Please follow the below steps one by one to complete the task.
Launch a new browser on a computer or any other device that connects to the router’s local network.
Type routerlogin.net or type 192.168.1.1 into the web address bar.
A login prompt will open up on the screen.
Please enter the username as “admin” and password “password’.
Once you have log in, you will see two dashboard options on your screen. You will see the Basic tab and the Advanced tab.
Just click on the ADVANCED tab, where you will see the list of the available options at the left corner.
Tap on the Administration option and then click on the set password.
Now type the old password as “password” and type a new password two times to confirm it.
Then click on apply (green colored tab).
You will see the login window where you can enter the login password.
Your router login password changes. All you need to log in again with the new admin password.
NOTE: This router admin password is not your Wi-Fi password to connect your wireless devices. This login information is provided only to log in on your router homepage to make any type of changes.
Basic Steps to change the Wi-Fi password on your Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router.
- Make sure that your device connects to the Netgear router home network.
- You can use the Wi-Fi password to connect your devices to your home network.
- Please use a wired connection to complete the process.
- Use the default address routerlogin.net.
- Open a Google Chrome or other available web browser on your computer or any other device that connects to the home router network.
- Type 192.168.1.1 or www.routerlogin.net into the web address bar and press enter to go the login page of your Netgear router.
- Enter the Username and admin password that mentions in the labeled fields.
- Please type the Username and Password and then click on Login. The default username is admin and the admin password is password. In case you have changed the default login credentials then please enter the changed details.
- On the Router’s dashboard, Select Wireless from the left side menu.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password (Network Key) next to the Password (Network Key) field. The password must be between 8 to 32 characters and always use a combination of numerals and letters to put a strong password. We advise you not to use general information for the password, such as your name, Date of Birth or address details.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
- Your new settings are saved now and you can reconnect your devices on home network new Wi-Fi password (Security Key).
NOTE: Please note that this is not an admin password for your Netgear router. This is the Wi-Fi password (Network Key) that can be used to connect your wireless devices on your Netgear home network.