This article provides you step by step instructions on how to set up and access your AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (R6400). Before starting the process, make sure you have an active internet-connected modem from your Internet Service provider. You can easily set up and access your new Netgear R6400 router by just following the below steps. We suggest you read the notes carefully before starting the process. This setup and access process can take 10 to 15 minutes. You can use “www.routerlogin.net” or “www.routerlogin.com”.
AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (R6400) Packages Contain
- Smart WiFi router.
- Three antennas.
- One Ethernet cable (yellow colored).
- Power adaptor.
The rear panel of the router includes the following buttons and functions.
- Power adaptor connector.
- Power On/Off button.
- USB 2.0 Port.
- Internet Port. (Yellow Colored)
- 4 Ethernet LAN ports.
- Reset button.
Steps to setup AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (R6400) by using routerlogin.net
- Connect antennas to the back panel of the router.
- After connecting antennas, you need to position your router. To get better WiFi performance, it is highly recommended to place your router away from electricals devices such as Cordless phone, Microwaves, Computers or Home security systems.
- Connect the router to the ISP Modem– You need to Unplug the Modem from the power source and remove the Modem backup battery if your router has one. Now get the Ethernet cable (Yellow) that is included in the package and plugin into the Modem internet port and connect the other end of Ethernet cable into the Router Internet Port (yellow).
- Connect your Router’s power adaptor into the power source outlet and turn it on.
- Plugin the modem and turn it on.
After setting up the Modem with the Router, now you can connect your computer to the Router Home network through wired or wireless connection. You can follow the below steps to connect your computer through a wired or wireless connection.
Steps to connect computer through a wired connection (Ethernet cable)
- Make sure that the Power light of the router is on.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the internet port of your computer.
- Connect the other end of Ethernet cable to one of the Ethernet ports on the router’s back panel.
Steps to connect your computer via Wireless connection.
Method 01– With the WPS Push-button. (WiFi protected setup)
- Make sure the Power light of the router is on.
- Go to the Wireless settings of your computer and locate the WPS settings.
- Push the WPS button on your router and within two minutes, Turn on the WPS on your Computer or wireless device.
- Now your computer is connected to the WiFi Home network.
- Make sure that Power light on the router is on.
- On your computer or wireless device, go the wireless settings and locate the network name of the router.
NOTE– You can find the default network name and Security Network Key of your R6400 on the product label which is printed on the bottom of the router.
- Click on your home network name and enter the Security Network Key (WiFi Password).
Now your computer or wireless device is connected to Wireless Home Network. You can access the internet through an Internet Web browser.
Setup the R6400 router using Netgear Genie Automatic Internet Setup.
After connecting on the Router Home Network on a wired or wireless connection, now you can set up your router by using Netgear Genie Automatic Internet Setup. Before you start the process, we suggest you get all the following information from your Internet Service Provider. This Setup process can take 10 to 15 minutes. Use the default address routerlogin.net.
- For the DSL account, get the ISP configuration information.
- ISP login name and password.
- The static IP address.
Steps to setup R6400 router using Netgear Genie Automatic Internet Setup.
NOTE– Make sure your router is connected on the Router home network and we highly recommend you to use a wired connection to complete the process successfully.
- Open a new browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari and a browser will automatically redirect you to the Internet Configuration page.
- Netgear Genie page displays on your screen.
NOTE– If the browser does not redirect you to the Netgear Genie page, then you can use http://routerlogin.net web address.
- Now you will see three options to choose, click on Yes and then click on the Next button.
- Follow the Genie instructions and complete the Setup process.
If you are getting any kind of issue during the R6400 router setup process, please contact our support team.
To setup router using Internet Setup Wizard.
Note- Make sure that your device is connected to the AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (R6400) home network.
- Open a new browser on your computer on any other Wireless device which is connected to the router home network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com into the Web address bar and press enter.
- A Login prompt displays on your screen. If the login page is not showing on your screen, please contact the support team.
- Enter the Username and Admin password in the labeled field.
- The default Username is admin and the password is password in lowercase.
- A web homepage of router displays on your screen.
- Go to Advanced and then click on Setup Wizard.
- On the Setup Wizard page, click on yes.
- Click on Next to continue the process and for a few minutes. The Internet setups Wizard automatically searches for your internet connection and will show you all the wireless information about your wireless routers such as Wireless Network name for both 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands and password (Network key) for both 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands.
- You can use this information to connect your wired or wireless devices on your router home network. Always prefer routerlogin.net.