How do I connect my HP Color Laserjet Printer Pro M254dw with my Netgear router R6020 by using the WPS button?
WPS means Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Use www.routerlogin.net to login the Negtear. It means by pushing the WPS button on the existing gateway or Wi-Fi Router, you can establish a connection. WPS also define as the easiest way to add up the devices to your home Wi-Fi network without using the wireless security key or the Wi-Fi password. You can easily connect all the devices with the Wi-Fi network by using the WPS button, but your device needs to be WPS compatible.
The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is further used in two ways:
- Push-button setup
- Pin method setup
To use the WPS button (or Push ‘N’ Connect) from your existing gateway or router. Make sure that the Wi-Fi compatible devices support the WPS. The Wi-Fi compatible device that you are trying to connect must have a physical button or a software button. Well, to connect the device with the network, you can use the physical button and software button. You cannot connect with the guest Wi-Fi network. Once the connection is established, the respective device gets the security settings from the router use https://www.routerlogin.net.
Pin Method Setup:
The Pin method is a bit complicated as compared to the Push-Button setup. If you want to use the PIN method, make sure you know the Pin. The default login window will be available, when you type www.routerlogin.net. When you enter the correct pin on your device, then it will go to connect with the Network.
Use WPS With the Push-Button Method
- Select the internet browser from a computer or mobile device that connects to the router’s network.
- Use the default web address www.routerlogin.net.
- It will prompt to a login screen.
- Here, you need to put the router username and password. The username and password is the default. Where the default username and password are case-sensitive. It will come up with the BASIC Home page.
- Go with the ADVANCED > select the WPS Wizard option. The page displays the two options for the WPS method. As per default settings, the Push Button (recommended) radio button selected.
- Click the Next button. It will display the WPS Client page.
- For the next two minutes, the router tries to connect with the Wi-Fi client that you want to connect with the router’s Wi-Fi network. To verify the WPS setup is working or not, check the WPS LED light that needs to start blinking green.
- Within two minutes, you can go to your HP Color Laserjet Printer and go to the settings. Press the WPS button to join the router’s main WiFi network without putting the password. Once the router establishes the WPS connection, the Wi-Fi LED lights will show the solid green light. The confirmation message is available on the screen.
- To check whether your printer is connected or not to the router’s Wi-Fi network. Go to the BASIC> then Attached Devices. You will see the attached device into the list.
Use the WPS with the PIN Method
WPS Pin Method is a second option to connect the device with your Wi-Fi Network. There is a condition that applies to the Pin Method connection, you should know the WPS Pin for the Netgear router. Whenever you want to connect the HP Color Laserjet Printer with the network, you need to use this pin. If you want the default WPS Pin for the router, you can easily get it from the label.
Open up the web browser from a laptop or mobile device that connects to the network.
Enter www.routerlogin.net. It will open up the authentication login window.
You need to type the router’s username and password. Use the default username and password written on the Netgear R6020 unit itself. Both are case-sensitive.
It will come up with the BASIC Home page screen.
Select the ADVANCED option > next go to the WPS Wizard.
When you click on the next option.
You will see the PIN Number radio button. Add WPS Client by pressing the next button for 02 minutes.
Now, you go to the settings of your HP Color Laserjet Printer. Select the Network settings and put the WPS Pin and click connect to proceed.
After four minutes, the router attempts to find the wireless printers. During this process, the Wi-Fi LED light on the top panel of the router blinks green.
STEPS TO DO ON THE PRINTER
Within four minutes, go to the HP Color Laserjet Printer and use the WPS software inbuilt in Netgear to join the network without entering a password. After the router establishes the WPS connection, the Wi-Fi LED lights solid green and the Add WPS Client page displays a confirmation message.
To verify that the printer is connected to the router’s Wi-Fi network, check out the Attached Devices under www.routerlogin.net.
After performing the above steps, you can easily connect your HP Color Laserjet Printer with the Wi-Fi Network. This will help you to update the firmware of the HP Printer, as it connects to the internet.